About the project
The project "Implementation of the Model of Provision of Youth-Friendly Health Care Services (YFHCSS) in Plungė, Mažeikiai and Tauragė Municipalities" (LT03-1-SAM-K01-005) aims to provide quality and accessible health care services that meet the needs of young people and encourage young people to choose a healthier lifestyle Achieving the intended goal of providing young people (14-29 years old) with favorable, confidential services to improve their mental and physical health will contribute to the promotion of healthy lifestyles in order to reduce the morbidity of young people and to address their concerns in a targeted way. The project will implement the implementation of JPSPP model algorithms (prevention of alcohol consumption, prevention of depression, prevention of sexual violence, prevention of eating disorders) in Plungė, Tauragė and Mažeikiai municipalities, employing coordinators and psychologists in each municipality and organizing supervision, inter-institutional cooperation and youth training and events. the risk of illness is also reduced in health care and the promotion of a healthy lifestyle. Healthcare costs are likely to fall in the future as diseases are diagnosed more quickly and morbidity is reduced. These project activities will also disseminate information on the activities of the YFHCSS Coordination Center.
Algorithms implemented in each of the participating municipalities:
1. Prevention of sexually transmitted infections and unplanned pregnancies, 2. Prevention of the use of psychoactive substances, 3. Alcohol prevention, 4. Prevention of depression, 5. Suicide and self - harm prevention, 6. Prevention of overweight and obesity related health disorders 7. Prevention of sexual violence, 8. Prevention of eating disorders.
Plungė District Municipality Public Health Bureau
Mažeikiai District Municipality Public Health Bureau
Tauragė District Municipality Public Health Bureau
The project is funded in 2014–2021. Funds of the European Economic Area (hereinafter - EEA) Financial Mechanism and Co-financing (State budget funds of the Republic of Lithuania to finance EEA and / or Norwegian Financial Mechanisms programs). The aid intensity is 100% of the eligible costs. The project received a grant of EUR 259 089.60, of which up to EUR 220 226.15 is from the mechanisms and up to EUR 38 863.45 from the co-financing.
Amount of support for each Project partner:
Plungė District Municipality Public Health Bureau - EUR 94,594.98.
Mažeikiai District Municipality Public Health Bureau - EUR 82,116.92.
Tauragė District Municipality Public Health Bureau - EUR 83,377.70.
Project implementation deadline: 2021. March 18 - 2023 March 18
The aim of the implemented model is to provide quality and accessible youth-friendly health care services that meet the needs and to encourage young people to choose a healthier lifestyle.
Objectives of the model:
· To coordinate the provision of JPSPP in the municipality by carrying out the activities of the coordination center;
· To improve the competencies of specialists and youth health coordinators;
· Strengthen the network of existing institutions providing services to young people;
· To provide youth-friendly integrated services in municipalities.